Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Always and Forever

My senior year of college I lived with 4 amazing girls in a not so amazing apartment. It was just a long hallway with a few rooms on the left side. It had an oven that smelled like a dead person (although I’m sure none of us had ever actually SMELLED a dead person) and also served as the heater, a deck that probably should have been condemned, a couch covered in $1/yard fabric from Walmart, an address of 1415 and a HALF, and a bunch of girls that quoted Napoleon Dynamite incessantly. It was one of the greatest years of my life!



I’m leaving tomorrow to drive up to Fort Wayne, Indiana for one of their weddings. Ana and her beau and J and I got engaged around the same time. Ana and I have spent HOURS emailing each other about centerpieces/dresses/signature cocktails/bouquets/etc... Our email correspondence about our wedding ideas, fears and expectations about marriage, and rants about life have been have been one of the greatest supports and strengths... and sources of entertainment of the past few months.

I’m thrilled that she’s becoming a Mrs. and can't wait to see how all of the ideas we've talked about come together in real life.... but I am sure going to miss our email exchanges!!

She understands that wedding talk can never get old… in a way that only a bride-to-be can! ;-)

Ana, may the Lord richly bless and reward your marriage. Doug is a lucky man!

Although I hear he’s planning on singing this to you at the wedding…

Why do you love me? Why do you need me? Always and forever... We met in a chatroom, now our love can fully bloom... Sure the world wide web is great, but you, you make my salivate... I love technology, but not as much as you, you see... But I STILL love technology... Always and forever. Our love is like a flock of doves, flying up to heaven above... always and forever, always and forever... Why do you need me? Why do you love me? Always and forever...




When one finds a worthy wife, her value is far beyond pearls. Her husband, entrusting his heart to her, has an unfailing prize. She brings him good, and not evil, all the days of her life.
Proverbs 31:10-13

No comments:

Post a Comment