Monday, August 17, 2009

"Sure you did, Sweetie"


I went to a Bridal Show a couple months ago. I entered to win several drawings. One was for a $1000 gift certificate to Diamonds Direct, the store where J got my stunning e-ring. Well, lo and behold, as they were drawing names for prizes, they called MY NAME for the $1000!!! I texted J right away and told him the good news. I was shaking! Barely able to push the buttons on my phone. Minutes later I got a text back from J that said "Sure you did, Sweetie". J, ever the jokester, thought I was playing a joke on him. *Sigh* It wasn't until he held the gift certificate in his hands that he believed me!! haha! Then we celebrated with and ice cold Bud Light! What's funny, is that before they called my name I thought to myself "I'm gonna win this!" Ah, the power of positive thinking! :-)


I think the wedding band that matches my ring is around 2k. This gift certificate is like getting my ring half off! For two people that love bargains as much as J and I do, we're practically giddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment