Thursday, March 4, 2010

I ♥ My Ring

I obsessed over my Dream Ring (DR) for months before J proposed. J and I went ring shopping and when I tried it on I felt like Cinderella! It was my glass slipper. I had an aha moment. I had my heart set on this bad boy and if it was anything different I would have been crushed. Of course J KNEW I had my heart set on it... so he did too! :-) The night he proposed I spent hours photographing my ring. (I know, how romantic! hehe!) And here's what I came up with:

I LOVE my ring and I love photography, so it’s no big surprise that I spent soooo much time shooting my ring. I have a decent camera that allowed me to get in close for some great detail. But I wished I’d come across THIS website before I started shooting. For anyone that wants a great shot of their bling, but doesn’t know how to get one, Ann Ruthman is your answer! Ann Ruthman offers tips on how to photograph your ring with a point and shoot camera to get some excellent shots of it! We've all seen pictures of rings that look like this:



SOURCE

Her website will teach you to take your ring off, find good light, set your camera to macro mode, set up an interesting background, take a gazillion pictures and edit the heck out of them (if you have the knowledge and capabilities)... and pretty soon you'll be taking pictures that look like this:



SOURCE

Happy photographing, girls!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your ring too!! It looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a beautiful ring! You are so lucky! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
    I wish you the very best of luck :) Thank you for sharing your life :) Feel free to visit me back :)

    ReplyDelete