Wednesday, February 3, 2010

O Earrings, Earrings! Wherefore Art Thou Earrings?

I know this isn’t the end of the world. I mean, seriously, there’s some major bad stuff happening in the world right now. God bless those in Haiti that are still missing loved ones and will have to rebuild their lives from the ground up. God bless those everywhere that are experiencing hunger, abuse, oppression. Please don’t think my bridezilla-ism causes me to forget that the world is bigger than my wedding…

BUT, I am a bride to be, so I'm going to take a second to fuss....

I can not find bridal earrings ANYWHERE. I have a VERY particular pair of earrings floating around my cluttered little brain and I can’t seem to find them. Maybe they don’t exist. Maybe they are merely a fictitious figment of my wedding obsessed imagination.

Here’s what I’m looking for:

-A decent sized drop earring
-NOT a chandelier as I worry that chandeliers will be too 2010.
- Not too big.
-Not too small.
-Plenty of bling.
-With a pearl or two to set them off.
-I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if the drop part of the earring had a big stone surrounded by little ones, like my beautiful e-ring.
-AND I don’t want to spend a fortune. Maybe like $50 or so.

My dear friend and BM extraordinaire Jennifer has graciously lent me her tiara to use as my something borrowed. I’m absolutely overwhelmed at the sentimentality of sharing something so beautiful with a friend I’ve had LITERALLY since birth (our moms met and became bff’s when they were pregnant with us!).


So the earrings I choose must compliment the beautiful tiara. Please, fellow brides to be, do you have ANY ideas??? They’d be some sort of amalgamation of these:


SOURCE
(ALMOST perfect, but no pearl)





SOURCE
(REALLY almost perfect, but just a wee bit too small and a little weak on the bling)

No comments:

Post a Comment